Current openings will be listed below.
The Kiowa Fire Protection District is a combination department utilizing full time paid, part time paid, and volunteer staffing to protect lives and property within our 324 square mile district.
With over 70% of the American fire service being volunteer, firefighters are the lifeblood of the fire service industry.
In communities under 25,000 people, 95% of fire/ems protection is volunteer.
Communities with less than 2,500 people, 99.5% consist of volunteer firefighters..
Relying on volunteers for fire protection is an American tradition that dates back to colonial times, but over the last 30 years volunteerism in the fire service has decreased by 11% and calls for fire departments has nearly tippled from 12 million to 32 million calls-for-service annually.
If you want to make a career out of helping others or if you want to help your community, we would like to hear from you. If you don’t have experience or want to add to your certification level we will provide the training and certification at no cost to you.
Currently accepting applications for the following
- Residency Firefighter (rent free living accommodations ((WiFi, utilities, included).
- Volunteer Firefighter, Paramedic, and EMT (No certification/experience required).
- Crewboss and Paramedic for wildland deployment (Paid).
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have an acceptable and insurable driving record.
- Be able to pass a post acceptance physical examination and drug screen.
- Pass a written and physical agility test.