In 2021 Kiowa Fire District ran a record number of calls for service, 484 up 18% from 2020’s call volume of 407. The average response time was 8.62 minutes. For a rural agency that is 97% volunteer, the 8.62 average response time is something we are extremely proud of.
in 2021 we responded to..
6 Structure Fire
2 Car Fires
22 Grass Fires
241 EMS calls resulting in 160 Transports
34 Motor Vehicle Accidents
9 Police Assists
17 Fire Alarms
108 citizen’s assists
1 Downed power line
13 smoke investigations
8 Gas leaks
4 Illegal burns
4 Odor Investigations
Mutual Aid given: 43 (12 fires, 31 medical)
Mutual Aide Received: 28 (5 fires, 23 medical)
Kiowa Fire District volunteers participated in over 2600 hours of training. Subjects include both fire and medical training including vehicle fires, foam evolutions, wildfire, water supply, CPR, fire streams and hazardous materials. At this time 97% of our staff hold a Firefighter 1/Hazmat 1and EMT or Higher!
- 100% of our volunteers have obtained their basic wildland certifications
- 6 members earned their American Heart Association CPR instructor certification
- 4 members earned State proctor certification in Firefighter and Hazardous Materials
- 2 members earned wildland fire investigator certifications
- 2 members earned Fire instructor 1 certification